Recruitment of Members for the TB Strategic Partnership Group
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) is seeking the appointment of four independent members to the TB Strategic Partnership Group (TBSPG).
~ Thursday, 7 August 2014
This government / industry Strategic Partnership will develop a long term strategy to eradicate TB from the cattle population in the north.
Members of the TBSPG will be expected to contribute to:
- the development of an enhanced long term strategy to eradicate TB;
- producing an associated action plan to implement the strategy;
- providing advice to the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development on how the strategy and its outcomes can be achieved and on the resources necessary for delivery;
- the development of associated annual operational plans, targets and key performance indicators;
- reaching agreement with a range of stakeholders on their roles in delivery; and
- the achievement of the objectives of securing the progressive reduction of disease levels and programme costs towards eradicating bovine TB by as early a date as possible.
Agriculture Minister Michelle O’Neill said: "Membership of the TB Strategic Partnership Group will be sought from persons with a range of relevant skills and experience, and who are committed to the eradication of TB here.
"The strategy produced by the Strategic Partnership must be all-embracing and address all relevant issues, such as TB compensation, improving biosecurity, improving communications with farmers and vets, and developing our ability to address the wildlife factor.
"The strategy should also seek to re-energise the relationships with all industry stakeholders and consider, as appropriate, the enhancement of primary and secondary legislation and consider other means to tackle and eradicate the disease."
For an application form and further information, please visit the DARD website or contact TB/BR Policy Branch, DARD, Room 650, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Ballymiscaw, Belfast, BT4 3SB, e-mail: TB/BR Policy Branch Tel: (028) 90 525174; Fax: (028) 90 524305.
The closing date for applications is noon, Friday 29 August 2014.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Sean Hogan was appointed Chair of the TB Strategic Partnership Group with effect from 10 July 2014. Earlier Press Release "Appointment of Chair to the TB Strategic Partnership Group" of 22 July 2014 refers.
- All media queries should be directed to the DARD Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DARD Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.