Statistical reports on Northern Ireland Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) has today released two statistical reports.
~ Thursday, 28 March 2013
These are the ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture 2012’ and ‘Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2011/12’.
The Statistical Review is the main reference document for stakeholders in the agri-food sector. It contains a wide range of economic and physical data, which presents a comprehensive picture of 2012 and enables comparisons to be made with earlier years. Full details of the 2012 aggregate agricultural income figures and farm level income figures, released in summary form on 31 January 2013, are included.
This year’s ‘Farm Incomes’ report is the twentieth in the series and is based on data collected from 387 farms participating in the annual Farm Business Survey. Within the report information is provided on returns, costs, subsidies, incomes, borrowings, investments and financial position for the main types of farm business within Northern Ireland. There is also a section devoted to the performance of individual farm enterprises. The figures in the report refer mainly to the 2011/12 account year which has an average year end of mid-February 2012.
Copies of these National Statistics reports are available free of charge to download from the Department’s web-site at the following link.
Notes to editors:
- The ‘Statistical Review’ contains statistics on the quantities and values of outputs and inputs, on aggregate gross margins, receipts from subsidies, expenditure on capital investment, sizes of quotas and other subsidy ceilings and average incomes at farm level. Other tables give information on land use, crop areas, livestock numbers, the size and type of farms, and employment on-farm and in the food processing sector.
- The ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture, 2012’ is available, free of charge, on the DARD website. Alternatively, there are a limited number of hard copies may be obtained, free of charge from Policy and Economics Division, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Room 656, Dundonald House, Belfast, BT4 3SB.
- The ‘Statistical Review’ is the Northern Ireland equivalent of 'Agriculture in the United Kingdom 2012', which will be published 30 May 2013 and will be available, free of charge, on the DEFRA website. This report is no longer available in hardcopy format.
- 'Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2011/12' is available, free of charge, on the DARD website. This report is no longer available in hard copy format.
- The 2012 Aggregate Income for Northern Ireland Agriculture and farm level incomes by farm type for 2011/12 along with forecasts for 2012/13 were published in a statistical press release on the DARD website on the 31January, 2013.
- These statistics are part of a National Statistics publication.
- For media enquiries please contact DARD Press Office 028 9052 4619 or email: DARD Press Office. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.