Pay Increase for agricultural workers
The Agricultural Wages Board (AWB) for Northern Ireland has announced proposed changes to pay for agricultural workers.
~ Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Following a meeting on 18 January 2013, the AWB proposes to increase existing minimum rates for agricultural workers across all grades by 2% from 6 April 2013.
The proposed new rates are:
Minimum Rate, applicable for the first 40 weeks cumulative employment - £6.35 per hour.
Grade 2 - Standard worker - £6.65 per hour
Grade 3 - Lead worker - £7.30 per hour
Grade 4 - Craft Grade - £7.84 per hour
Grade 5 - Supervisory Grade - £8.31 per hour
Grade 6 - Farm Management Grade - £8.99 per hour
The Board will meet again on 8 March 2013 to make an Order to introduce the new rates which would come into operation on 6 April 2013.
Any objections to the above proposals should be sent by Registered Post to: The Secretary, Agricultural Wages Board, Room 916, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SB, to arrive on or before 28 February 2013.
The Definitions for the grades and the qualifications required for each grade are available on the DARD website or by contacting the Agricultural Wages Secretariat, Room 910, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SB (Tel: 028 9052 4872 or Fax: 028 9052 4266).
Notes to editors:
- The Agricultural Wages Board is constituted under the Agricultural Wages (Regulation) (Northern Ireland) Order 1977 and meets each year to consider changes to the rates of pay and related conditions for agricultural workers.
- The Board comprises six members of the Unite, six members of the Ulster Farmers' Union, and three members appointed by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The proposed variation to minimum pay rates for agricultural workers across all grades represents an increase of 2%.
- This Press Release is issued by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on behalf of the Agricultural Wages Board.
- All media queries should be directed to the DARD Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email: DARD Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.