Statistical reports on Northern Ireland Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) has today released two statistical reports.
~ Thursday, 29 March 2012
These are the ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture 2011’ and ‘Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2010/11’.
The Statistical Review is the main reference document for stakeholders in the agri-food sector. It contains a wide range of economic and physical data, which presents a comprehensive picture of 2011 and enables comparisons to be made with earlier years. Full details of the 2011 aggregate agricultural income figures and farm level income figures, released in summary form on 26 January 2012, are included.
This year’s ‘Farm Incomes’ report is the nineteenth in the series and is based on data collected from 373 farms participating in the annual Farm Business Survey. Within the report information is provided on returns, costs, subsidies, incomes, borrowings, investments and financial position for the main types of farm business within Northern Ireland. There is also a section devoted to the performance of individual farm enterprises. The figures in the report refer mainly to the 2010/11 account year which has an average year end of mid-February 2011.
Copies of these National Statistics reports are available free of charge to download from the Department’s website.
Notes to editors:
- The ‘Statistical Review’ contains statistics on the quantities and values of outputs and inputs, on aggregate gross margins, receipts from subsidies, expenditure on capital investment, sizes of quotas and other subsidy ceilings and average incomes at farm level. Other tables give information on land use, crop areas, livestock numbers, the size and type of farms, and employment on-farm and in the food processing sector.
- The ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture, 2011’ is available, free of charge, on the DARD website. Alternatively, hard copies may be obtained, price £18.00, from Policy and Economics Division, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Room 656, Dundonald House, Belfast, BT4 3SB.
- The ‘Statistical Review’ is the Northern Ireland equivalent of 'Agriculture in the United Kingdom 2011', which will be published on 24 May 2012 and will be available, free of charge, on the DEFRA website or, alternatively, can be purchased from HMSO.
- 'Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2010/11' is available, free of charge, on the DARD website. This report is no longer available in hard copy format.
- The 2011 aggregate Income for Northern Ireland Agriculture and farm level incomes by farm type for 2010/11 along with forecasts for 2011/12 were published in a statistical press release on the DARD website on the 26 January 2012.
- These statistics are part of a National Statistics publication.
- All media queries should be directed to the DARD Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.