New statistical bulletin releasedTuesday, 15 June 2010
The Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL) today published “Experience of Library Usage in Northern Ireland: Findings from the Continuous Household Survey 2008/09 – DCAL Research Findings 3/2010”.
The bulletin presents analysis on topics such as:
- Frequency of using public libraries
- Satisfaction with last visit to a public library
- Reasons for using and not using public libraries
- Factors that encourage use of libraries
- Views on extending opening hours
- Satisfaction with public library provision in Northern Ireland
The bulletin is available at the DCAL website or from the address below.Research and Statistics Branch
Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure
1-7 Bedford Street
Belfast BT2 7EG
tel: 028 90 515100
Notes for editors:
- This bulletin presents findings from the 2008/09 Continuous Household Survey.
- The Continuous Household Survey is a Northern Ireland wide household survey administered by Central Survey Unit, Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency. The sample for this survey consisted of a systematic random sample of 4,500 addresses selected from the Land and Property Services’ list of private addresses. There were 3,414 respondents to the 2008/2009 survey. Respondents are aged 16+. The survey covers a wide range of topics, and amongst the topics investigated was library usage.
- For media enquiries please contact DCAL Communications Office 028 9051 5048. Out of office hours, contact the EIS Duty Press Officer on pager 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.