Reappointment to the Labour Relations Agency BoardWednesday, 23 December 2009
The Department for Employment and Learning today announced the reappointment of one of its members to the Board of the Labour Relations Agency.
Ms Brenda Maitland has been reappointed to the Board for the period 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012. Ms Maitland was first appointed to the Board in January 2007.
Ms Maitland is Honorary Secretary and a member of the Management Council for War on Want NI. She is currently a member of the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (remuneration £110 per attendance – 11 meetings per year) and the Board of the Health & Safety Executive (remuneration £3,700 per year). She has been a lay member of the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and Chair of the NMC Appointments Board.
Notes to editors:
- The Labour Relations Agency was established in 1976 by the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976 as an independent body responsible for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. Board membership currently attracts remuneration of £5,050 per annum.
- The reappointment was made in accordance with the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the appointments process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for political activity of the appointee (if any declared) to be published.
- No political activity was declared by the appointee.
- The Chairman of the Board of the Labour Relations Agency is Mr Jim McCusker. Other Board members are Mr L Fawcett, Dr T Morrow, Mrs P O’Farrell, Mr N Willis and Mr P Williamson. (Three vacancies are in the process of being filled).
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Employment and Learning Communications Branch on 028 9025 7872. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.