Minister praises Upper Springfield Trust
Social Development Minister, Nelson McCausland, today praised the Upper Springfield Development Trust on their achievement of the ISO 9001 quality management business Award.
~ Thursday, 21 February 2013
Speaking at an event to celebrate their achievement, Minister McCausland said: “The Springfield Development Trust plays a key role in the lives of many in this community. Their ability to achieve this high standard sets the benchmark for others within the community and voluntary sector and I hope it will inspire others to follow their lead.
“This really is a significant achievement by all of the staff of the Upper Springfield Development Trust. They have achieved the ISO 9001 Award through their hard work and commitment to excellence, demonstrating their commitment to customers, quality, and a willingness to work towards improving efficiency.”
The Minister also acknowledged the good work being undertaken by the Trust to develop collaborative working between the community and statutory sectors, supported in part by the £2.25million investment in Upper Springfield Whiterock, delivered through his Department’s Neighbourhood Renewal Programme.
He said: “The Trust’s approach sits firmly with Neighbourhood Renewal’s strategic objectives that seek to target and develop confident communities – socially, economically and physically.
“This work helps to tackle social need and promote social inclusion by targeting efforts and available resources towards people and groups who are in greatest social need. I wish the Trust every success going forward.”
Notes to editors:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Standard - ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses. The standard:
- applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organisation supplies;
- prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met; and
- is designed and intended to apply to virtually any product or service, made by any process anywhere in the world.
ISO 9001 is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family.
- Upper Springfield Development Trust (USDT) has been a key lead community based organisation in the Upper Springfield Whiterock area since 1993. Over the years the organisation has developed many successful services/programmes to support the area’s social, economic, physical and cultural regeneration.
- View photos on flickr
- Media enquiries to DSD Communications Team on 028 9082 9496 or e-mail email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.