Northern Ireland Housing Executive board members announcedThursday, 5 November 2009
Social Development Minister Margaret Ritchie MLA, today announced appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. Four Board members, nominated by the Northern Ireland Housing Council, have been appointed for a four year term until 4 November 2013.
They are Councillor Brendan Curran, Councillor Eamonn O’Neill, Councillor Jennifer Palmer and Councillor James Speers MBE.
The Minister also re-appointed Dr Monica Wilson OBE to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive for a further five year term until 4 November 2014.
The members will receive £6,740 per annum for their services.
Notes to editors:
- The appointments have been made in accordance with the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, details of any political activity of appointees (if any declared) have been published.
- Mr Curran is a member of Sinn Fein and holds no other public appointments.
- Mr O’Neill is a member of the Social, Democratic and Labour Party and is currently a member of the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission for which he receives £10,000 per annum.
- Mrs Palmer is a member of the Democratic Unionist Party and holds no other public appointments.
- Mr Speers is a member of the Ulster Unionist Party and holds no other public appointments.
- Dr Monica Wilson has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years and holds no other public appointments.
- The Board is responsible for the efficient, effective and economic delivery of the Housing Executive's services. It determines policies within its overall aims and objectives and makes decisions on operational and organisational strategies. The Chairman reports to the Minister for Social Development on the organisation's achievement of its objectives and targets.
- Media enquires to DSD Information Office on 028 9082 9468. Out of office hours, please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.