Education and Library Boards publish Annual Area Profiles
Education and Library Boards across the north have today published information on schools and education provision in council areas.
~ Tuesday, 2 July 2013
The new Annual Area Profiles are available on the Boards’ websites and set out a range of statistical information on enrolments, attainment and finance for every school, as well as data on the numbers of schools and pupils across district council areas.
A Department of Education spokesperson said: “As part of the ongoing process of planning the local schools estate for the future, Education Minister, John O’Dowd, last year committed to ensuring that the Education and Library Boards across the north would publish statistical data on schools and local areas on an annual basis.
“This new strategic approach is transparent and gives parents and schools full access to factual information of relevance and interest to them. As the process of area planning continues, it is important that everyone with an interest is fully informed and able to get involved in the debate on future provision.”
Notes to editors:
1. The publications are available on the Boards’ websites as follows:-
- Belfast Education & Library Board
- North Eastern Education & Library Board
- South Eastern and Education & Library Board
- Southern Education & Library Board
- Western Education & Library Board
2. The Department of Education’s ‘Education Works’ campaign encourages families to play, talk, read and count with their child and to ‘Get Involved Because Education Works’. The campaign highlights the vital role families can play in helping children do well at school and improve their life chances. Visit nidirect website for more information or watch the TV ad on the Department’s YouTube channel.
3. View photos from the Department of Education in our Flickr collection.
4. Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Communications Team on Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699715440 and your call will be returned.