The Northern Ireland Civil Service has launched its 2023 Student Placement Scheme, offering 140 placements across government departments.
Opportunities are available for students across a range of degree areas including accountancy, architecture, engineering, communications, ICT, law and policy. This year for the first time, placements are available for students studying psychology, electrical engineering and structural engineering. These are paid placements with an annual salary of £19,121 per annum.
The scheme is open to students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who will have successfully completed their second year examinations by the end of the 2022/23 academic year and who have the opportunity to undertake a placement for the 2023/24 academic year.
The scheme is open for applications from Monday 28th November to noon on Friday 9th December 2022 with placements expected to start late August/early September 2023. Further information on the range of placements and details on how to apply are available at the NICS recruitment website.
Notes to editors:
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Alexandra Crabtree, a student at Ulster University is currently on a science placement with the Civil Service, working in Trace Organics within the Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter - @dptfinance
- Facebook - @dptfinance
- Instagram - @department_of_finance
- LinkedIn - Department of Finance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.