The Department for the Economy has launched a competition to appoint a new Chair to the Board of Northern Ireland Screen.
NI Screen is the lead agency for the screen industries in Northern Ireland. Its role is to maximise the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland.
Encouraging applications, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“Northern Ireland has a vibrant film and television industry and this key role is an exciting and significant opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape the future direction of the cultural, economic and educational impact of this sector.
“I strongly encourage anyone with an interest in film and television, and who has the appropriate skills, to apply for this exciting and challenging position.”
The Department wishes to appeal to people of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds and experience, and would particularly welcome applications from people with a disability and those from ethnic minority communities, as they are currently under-represented on the Board. Applicants with a disability who meet or exceed the pass-mark set for the criteria will be offered an interview. Their application will not be subjected to short-listing.
No academic qualifications are required for the post. Individuals who have the essential skills of leadership, governance in an organisation, thinking strategically, influencing stakeholders and financial management are encouraged to apply.
The new Chair will be appointed with effect from 1 February 2022. The term of appointment will be for five years. The time commitment normally amounts to 30 days per annum or equivalent and remuneration amounts to £10,000 per annum from 1 February 2022.
All reasonable travel and subsistence costs, and any dependant-carer expenses incurred whilst undertaking board duties, will be reimbursed where applicable.
Further information and application packs can be obtained on the Department’s website.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Thursday 11 November 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Notes to editors:
- Northern Ireland Screen (NI Screen), is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) of the Department for the Economy and is funded under The Northern Ireland Screen Commission (Funding) Order (Northern Ireland) 2020.
- NI Screen’s role is to maximise the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland. Its mission is to accelerate the development of a dynamic and sustainable screen industry and culture in Northern Ireland.
- Current membership stands at 12 (Chair and 11 members).
- The Department for the Economy is running the competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries please contact the DfE Press Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.