Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has launched a public appointment competition for a Chair to the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland (CITB NI).
CITB NI aims to encourage the training of those employed or intending to be employed in the Northern Ireland construction industry. It delivers training in partnership with a wide selection of industry employers and bodies each with their own needs and requirements, using the combined industry resources to support critical skills and interventions that would not otherwise be available.
Encouraging individuals with the necessary skills to consider applying, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said: “This is an exciting high level opportunity for the right person to play a major role in influencing the provision of training and skills in the Northern Ireland Construction Sector.
“As our economy continues to recover following the effects of the pandemic, developing the local skills base is a key priority for me and a cornerstone of the recovery. My Department’s 10X Economic Vision and associated Skills Strategy set out how we want to equip people with the skills they need for the constantly evolving jobs market and build on Northern Ireland’s successes on the global market.
“The successful candidate will play a significant role to support the construction sector and sustain our aim of building a modern economy. If you want to help shape the recovery, growth and future of the construction sector in Northern Ireland and have the skills required then please consider applying.’’
Applications from women, people with a disability and those from minority ethnic communities would be particularly welcome. A Guaranteed Interview Scheme for applicants with a disability, will operate for this competition.
The closing date for applications is 12.00noon on 15 April 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
Further information on the positions including responsibilities and selection criteria can be obtained at the public appointments page of the Department's website. Alternatively contact DfE Public Appointments Unit by phone on 028 9025 7634 or by e-mail email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. The Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland is a Non Departmental Public Body and reports to the Department for the Economy (the sponsoring department). The Board consists of a Chairperson and twelve members. Further information on the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland can be found on their website.
2. This is an open competition which involves an application form and interview. The competition is being run in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland Code of Practice. Independent assessment, openness and transparency are integral parts of the process. The Department for the Economy is committed to equality of opportunity for all individuals and applications are welcome regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents.
3. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must have industrial, commercial or educational experience and must meet five essential criteria:-
- Setting strategic direction
- Communication and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse information and make effective decisions
- Corporate governance
4. It is planned to make the appointment from 1 July 2022 for an initial three year term. The post attracts remuneration of £19,452.24 per annum plus travel expenses. The estimated total time commitment is approximately 6 days per month.
5. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
6. For media enquiries please contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.