Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has viewed improvement works funded by her Department at the junction of the Shankill Road and Lanark Way, Belfast.
The £277k scheme funded by the Department for Communities aimed to improve the physical environment at the junction to make the area more attractive and safer and to unlock wider regeneration
Minister Hargey said:
“This funding from my Department has delivered visible improvements to the area which I am sure will be welcomed by the local community.
“This investment has enhanced this busy area of Belfast and will unlock wider physical and social regeneration. The project will also complement my Department’s planned larger public realm scheme along Lanark Way which will commence construction later this year.
“I am committed to investment such this in areas of disadvantage and hope this injection of funding will benefit local retailers, businesses, residents and visitors.
Notes to editors:
- Photo captions: Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey is pictured with Ciara Lappin, Technical Director at Doran Consulting as she viewed the improvements funded by her Department at junction of the Shankill Road and Lanark Way, Belfast
- Doran Consulting were the consultants, appointed to design and project manage the delivery of the scheme. Construction work was carried out by JPM Limited.
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on email: Press Office
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter- @CommunitiesNI