The Department of Health has today published “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2021/22”
This publication of annual figures relates to Patient Education / Self Management Programmes in Northern Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
- there were 75 patient education / self management programmes provided a total of 729 times with 7,171 participants in 2021/22.
- just under two thirds (63%) of programmes run during 2021/22 were provided by four HSC Trusts (Belfast Trust were unable to submit a return for 2021/22).
- the programme types with the most participants were dementia programmes (19%) and mental health programmes (19%).
- 4,557 participants (64%) attended a programme that was statutory funded.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin present information on patient education / self management programmes for long term conditions collected from Health & Social Care (HSC) Trusts and independent sector programme providers. It details information on the type, provision, frequency and Trust area of the programmes delivered during the year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- This publication is available on the Department of Health website.
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter: @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.