The Department of Health has today published “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2021 - 2022”.
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheels, audiology service, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- At 30 June 2022, 11,573 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- Of the 11,573 care packages in effect, over two thirds (69%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (31%) were residential care packages.
- 383 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2021/22.
- At 31 March 2022, 1,146 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- At 31 March 2022, 5,210 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- This bulletin is published on an annual basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin include contacts with HSC Trusts, residential and nursing care packages in effect, meals on wheels, residential and nursing accommodation and day care registrations. Analyses are presented by HSC Trust.
- Figures incorporate all returns and amendments received from HSC Trusts up to 24 October 2022.
- This publication is available online at: https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/topics/doh-statistics-and-research/care-not-home-statistics
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 522342
Internet: Department of Health
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.