A £10million fund to improve farm businesses opens for applications on 27 September 2022, Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots has announced.
The fourth tranche of Tier 1 of the Farm Business Improvement Scheme - Capital (FBIS-C) will support smaller scale investments to improve the sustainability of farm businesses. The scheme will support the purchase of equipment and machinery, costing from £5,000 to £30,000, from a list of eligible items.
Announcing the opening for applications, Minister Poots said: “I am pleased to announce the re-opening of Tier 1 FBIS Capital. In what has been a very challenging year for our farmers, this fourth tranche is a timely boost for agriculture and horticulture with up to £10million allocated for projects.
“This will build upon the success of the previous tranches of Tier 1, which to date has provided £26million grant support to over 4,000 farmers and growers.”
Minister Poots is seeking to assist farm businesses in dealing with the impacts of higher input costs. He said: “I want to encourage applications for equipment with the potential to help address increased costs for feed, fuel and fertiliser.
“For that reason, the item marks will be increased for a number of items in this tranche. This includes equipment for grassland management, silage quality, feed efficiency, precision farming and related activities, as set out in the Scheme guidance.”
Applications for FBIS Capital Tier 1 Tranche 4 must be made by the closing date, 4pm on Friday 11 November 2022.
Notes to editors:
1. It is envisaged that the fourth Tranche of Tier 1 of FBIS-Capital will have a budget of up to £10million, subject to the level of successful applications and budget availability.
2. The items which will have an increased item score (compared to previous tranche), to assist in addressing the issues of higher feed, fuel and fertiliser costs, fall under the following categories:
- Precision farming
- Grassland Management
- Energy efficiency
- Silage quality
- Feed efficiency
- Sward renovation/reseeding
- Reduced feed costsFBIS-C Tier 1 tranche 4 will be delivered by Countryside Services Limited on behalf of DAERA.
3. FBIS-C Tier 1 tranche 4 will be delivered by Countryside Services Limited on behalf of DAERA.
4. Further information on the FBIS-Capital Scheme Tier 1 and how to apply will be made available on the DAERA website prior to the launch of the third Tranche at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/farm-business-improvement-scheme or the Countryside Services Limited website at: www.countrysideservices.com.
6. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.