The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has today announced the opening of the 2023/24 Northern Ireland Regional Food Programme (NIRFP), providing support to help raise the profile of quality regional food. Applications are invited from not-for-profit groups & regional development agencies as well as registered charities.
This important funding programme encourages collaboration between all sectors and representative bodies within the local food industry through financial support to help showcase quality regional food.
The programme has supported many local events and initiatives by providing financial support in three key areas - regional fairs/exhibitions, seminars/workshops, and information programmes. In 2023/24 DAERA will also offer support for the generic agri-food promotion campaign to build on the successes achieved in 2021 and 2022. The campaign will cover all sectors of the NI food industry highlighting the quality, sustainability and reputation of the food that is produced on local farms.
In 2022/23 the NIRFP awarded funding to 20 projects, providing local producers with showcasing opportunities at a range of agri-food events across Northern Ireland in addition to supporting the promotion campaign.
Applications are now open for projects taking place from 21 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 and must be submitted by 12 midnight on Thursday 6 April 2023. Awards will be subject to budget availability.
Notes to editors:
- The NI Regional Food Programme was established as part of the implementation of The Fit for Market Report, which was published by the Food Strategy Group in November 2004.
- Successful applications to the Programme can obtain up to 40% financial contributions on eligible project expenditure for regional fairs/exhibitions, seminars/workshops, information programmes; and 80% for the generic agri-food sector promotional campaign.
- Scheme rules mean that only not-for-profit groups with a Northern Ireland membership, registered charities or not-for-profit regional development agencies that plan to deliver projects that raise the profile of NI regional food can apply. Applications for collaborative ventures involving two or more eligible organisations working together to deliver the objectives of the Programme are encouraged.
- Closing date for completed applications will be 12 midnight on Thursday 6 April 2023.
- An application form for funding can be downloaded from the DAERA website or obtained from the contact details below:
NIRFP Management Team
Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
Upper Newtownards Road
Tel: 028 9052 4497
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.