A £400,000 resurfacing scheme on the A55 Parkway, Belfast will commence on Tuesday 20 September 2022.
The scheme, which extends Southbound from Belmont Road roundabout to Holywood Road will be completed under overnight road closures.
The overnight closures will operate as follows:
- Tuesday 20 September between the hours of 0.15 am and 6.00 am.
- Tuesday 20 September, Wednesday 21 September and Thursday 22 September between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am
- Monday 26 September, Tuesday 27 September, Wednesday 28 September and Thursday 29 September between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00am
During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed via Hawthornden Way, Upper Newtownards Road, Newtownards Road, Bridge End, Dalton Street, Middlepath Street, Sydenham By-Pass, Belfast Road, Holywood Road and Parkway.
Pedestrians and cyclists will continue to have access to the cycleway and footway however extra care should be taken in the vicinity of the works and some delays may be necessary.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey.
Completion of the work by Friday 30 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure