Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today paid tribute to Sir William Wright, one of Northern Ireland’s best known business pioneers.
The Minister said:
“I was deeply saddened to learn today of the passing of Sir William Wright. Sir William was a man of immense standing, not just within Northern Ireland’s manufacturing sector but also within the local community. A pioneer and entrepreneur of rare foresight and ability, for which he was deservedly knighted, Sir William took over the family business and moved it into the construction of buses, a process which saw it become the Wright Group, and grow into the success today that is Wrightbus. The legacy that he leaves cannot be overstated and I would like to pass on my deepest condolences to Lady Wright and his family at this difficult time.”
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.