The Department for the Economy today announced 20 high-quality training places on a Cyber Security Assured Skills Academy with KPMG and Belfast Met (BMC).
Funded by the Department for the Economy, the Assured Skills programme will guarantee, participants who successfully complete the Academy, an interview with KPMG for a Cyber Security Analyst position at their Centre of Excellence. Please note that completion of the Academy is not a guarantee of gaining employment.
Applicants must have at least a 2:2 in any degree discipline by August 2022, or have a Level 5 qualification in an ICT or STEM related subject. Successful applicants will receive ten weeks of industry-relevant pre-employment training with BMC from Monday 20 June until Thursday 25 August.
With training delivered by BMC, the Academy participants can expect to become proficient in areas such as Cisco Networking Essentials, MTA Security Fundamentals, AZ 900, AZ 500, COMPTIA and COMPTIA+.
Participants will receive £155 per week training allowance.
Applications close at noon on 13 May 2022.
More information and details on how to apply can be found on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Department’s website.
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.